About The Tax Free Texas Project
Contact Us: Phone - (512) 843-2454; Email - email@example.com
Tax Free Texas is a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization dedicated to innovating and implementing demand-side policy to reduce the tax burden on Texas citizens.
“It’s just economics. People don’t work to pay taxes. People work to get what they can after tax. They’ll change where they earn their income. They’ll change how they earn their income. They’ll change how much they earn, when they receive the income. They’ll change all of those things to minimize taxes.” -Dr. Arthur Laffer
We believe that calling for lower taxes is impracticable if we can't first decrease our consumption of state dollars.
We operate as a center for policy development, analysis and scholarship and we seek to identify and support organizations, causes and businesses who are stepping in where the State otherwise would.
Tax Free Texas Blog
- Taxing Plastic Bags: El Paso, Brownsville Using Tax to Stop Litter
- Internet Sales Tax Could Ease Deficit, Texas sends $269M bill to Amazon
- Texas Budget Crises Calls Federal Tax Cuts into Question
- Tax Collection Rights Owned By Wall Street Banks
- Republicans Struggle To Say How They Would Pay For Tax Cuts